Eric and Anne Peters used to live in Killean Farmhouse more than 50 years ago when it was still a working farm. Many changes have been made over the years but they recognized some of the older features of the property. The main house used to be split into an upper and lower level. The cottages were used for animals, machinery, feed stuff, etc. They also remarked on the amount of trees around the place as there were very few 50 years ago, only fields of grazing sheep. The main farmhouse was built in the 1700's and has been extended over time. It was a working farm on the Argyll Estate and owned by the Dukes of Argyll (clan Campbell).